Monitor Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ::: DM :::, Jun 26, 2005.

1. ::: DM :::

::: DM ::: Private E-2

Hey,

I've got an old(ish) monitor called a 'Gateway 2000'. It's far from as good as today's modern ones but it serves it purpose. Except lately sometimes it makes the screen go green or it'll flicker between green and the normal colours. Sometimes it takes me to whack the monitor or just try and adjust it to get it back but does become irritating. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening without buying a new monitor? (I know I'll have to eventually but I'm extremely poor). :rolleyes:

Thanks

DM

2. russian master

russian master Private First Class

you didnt happen to bring any sort of magnet towards this old monitor of yours, did you?

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

for that alone I'd give you a monitor but dreams is a bit too far away from the northwest of england,look for a degause button,it will look like a magnet"horse shoe" shape,next time your screen screws up press it or you could try pressing now,dont press it too many times though.If you cant see it on the front of your monitor look for a menu button and see if its in your on screen display options :)

4. rainmak3r

rainmak3r Private E-2

Actually it could be the cable or the VGA Plug itself .. due to a loose contact at the plug, one or more colours might miss in the resulting screen - so the screen appears to be red or green or blue - try to wag the plug and look what the screen is doing ..

5. Rikky

Good call ;)

6. rainmak3r

rainmak3r Private E-2

7. Rikky

??? :confused:

8. Olley

Olley Sergeant

lol!

9. rainmak3r

rainmak3r Private E-2

Alrigth thx ;)

10. ::: DM :::

::: DM ::: Private E-2

Well I'm from Portsmouth, Hampshire... Not too far huh? :)

The degauss button doesn't really do anything to stop it.

I think rainmak3r may be right. But when I adjust the socket at the back it doesn't really do anything.

11. rainmak3r

rainmak3r Private E-2

Also check if the VGA Card got loose - If you can, try replacing the Cable! (If not permanently connected to the screen)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds