Missing driver for Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller

Discussion in 'Software' started by HammerJammer, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

1] Yes, I have read the related threads.
    2] No, they don't seem to work.

Similar problem though: attempting to install the Audio Controller driver causes system to restart approx 9/10ths of the way through the installation. That's using the Realtek AC97 driver, v 4.06. Soundmax driver gives the message "driver not found, reboot and try again". Sigmatel AC97 driver simply does nothing at all.

Attached: Everest.txt

Thanks in advance.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

Your Everest report didn't attach. Check the size and make sure it is under 300kb.

3. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Good call. Stripped out the irrelevant bits.

4. sach2

It's still not here. :(

In your reply--you need to scroll down to Additional Options> Manage Attachments button. Browse to the report.txt and then hit the upload button.

5. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Hmm...exactly what I did both times. Trying again.

Attached Files:

6. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Seems to have worked.

7. sach2

I was just replying that your Everest report was not attached. I hope Halo or another member will reply to your request for help.

Is this an HP Pavilon 533W? I realize there are no drivers on their site but I just want to make sure I'm not totally on the wrong track.

The RealTek v4.06 seems to be the proper driver. So it causes a reboot each time you try to install?

*note* Your motherboard specifications seem to include a reference to ADI1981A which may be helpful since I recall this being a built in driver in XP.

8. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

532w.
    Yep.
    A fresh install of XP doesn't support the device, nor does SP3.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Can you tell us what devices in Device Manager have Yellow ! Marks by them, likely audio is one but need to know any others as Chipset is one thats missed out on many re-installs that is crucial.

10. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Yeah, that was the first thing I made sure of after this happened. The Multimedia Audio Controller is the only device which is missing its driver.

11. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Any ideas?

12. sach2

Try this one.

It is from driversguide.com which is an OK site they just make you jump through hoops for a download. Most reviews say it works fine for a Pavillion 533w which has the glendale board your Everest report says you have. (The 532w is supposed to have a different board but I think they are worth a try)

Just unzip and find setup.exe. I think they are worth a shot.

13. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Will do, but if the 532w is supposed to have a different board, why would you think it doesn't?

14. sach2

Your Everest report says your MB is Glendale which is used in the 533w. The MB in the 532w should be Imperial.

I'm still not sure why the Realtek 4.06 driver won't install (it should cover both boards) but since this is an older machine maybe an older copy of the driver will install.

15. HammerJammer

HammerJammer Private E-2

Alright I'll try it out and let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds