Wanting to Learn How You Keep The World Safe!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Jobu420, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Jobu420

Jobu420 Private E-2

Hello Major Geeks,

I've been following this site since 2007 it was about this same year that I decided to become a programmer. After 4 years of "almost" worthless knowledge that I learned from my University I finally landed a job a doing some real world web application programming.

I've been doing this for about the past year and I'm loving the field I am in. All of this aside I would love to learn more about what you do here at major geeks.
    I know it takes years of personal and professional training to reach to level of understanding that many of you here at Major Geeks are at.

What I'm saying is I'm wanting to spend some my free time helping stop these malicious bits of code running around. I would love to have a better understanding of how to stop these things. And need a place to start.

I have basic understanding of scripting languages mostly Javascript for DOM manipulation and am strong in OO programming. Anyways sorry this post has gone on so long. Any information to lead my in the right direction would be great and Yes I understand that learning these skills takes several years and I'm ready for the journey.

Thank you Major Geeks,

Jarred

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Jarred

And congrats on the job, computing can be a great area to work in, can also be a PITA as well, long hours troubleshooting stuff etc.

By wanting to free up some of your free time to stop malicious code, I'm thinking you wish to help out in the area of malware removal perhaps? and if so then the below is the best route via Majorgeeks

If your after something different then do let us know as we may know the right direction to aim you in,

David

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds