Laptop Won't Boot HD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by glenio99, Jan 25, 2014.

1. glenio99

glenio99 Private E-2

Hi there guys, gotta a tricky one.
    I have a HP laptop - Pavilion dv6700. Windows Vista, 3 GB Ram. AMD Turion 64 X2.
    I cannot get it to boot the OS.
    The computer boots the motherboard ( with all options available), but never starts the HD.
    I removed the hard drive, tested it, and it is ok. Reconnected (after backing it up on a secondary comp.) and did a factory restore with the software provided by HP (by pressing F11).
    Went smooth, checked the HD on the secondary computer, still working fine.
    Tried to boot the laptop, it will go trough with the bios, but when windows is supposed to load, it just gives me the black screen.
    I noticed that the light that shows activity on the HD is not blinking.
    I used a secondary HD that I have laying around and know is good, and the same thing happened.
    So, I think the problem is on the motherboard, but it is strange that the bios works fine.
    I can access all the features there, even run tests on the memory and HD, without a hitch.
    Any clues from anyone?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds