Oe Spell Check Tab Missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by jlski, Jul 21, 2006.

1. jlski

jlski Private E-2

I have Windows XP, MS Works and OE 6.

In the OE 6 Tools/Options the spell check tab is missing.:confused:

The Windows XP/MS Works/OE 6 came as a package with my new Gateway and the spell check was working.:confused:

Can someone explain?

thanks jerry

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Do you have the Microsoft Word part of works installed ?

I think Outlook uses word as an 'editor' and the spell check is part of that.

Matt

3. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

You are correct matt. If you don't have the option of installing Word, we have a free spell checker for OE available here at MajorGeeks. Spell Checker for OE 2.1

4. jlski

jlski Private E-2

I do Have MS Works Word installed and the spell check is working fine. i did download Spell Checker for OE 2.1 and that did not work either.

5. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

But not in OE ?

Try the link abbysue posted and see how you find that.

Matt

6. jlski

jlski Private E-2

Look back on my last post and you will see that that is the one that did not work.:confused:

7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Sorry,

DId it give you any specific error messages ?

Matt

8. jlski

jlski Private E-2

No, I did a test email and tried to do a spell check and the spell check button was still grayed out. There is Still no spell check tab in tools.

I even tried re-booting and that did not help either.:confused:

9. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

I havn't used that program myself but I suspect the 'new' program would have a different button or menu item that the built in one.

Another option might be to uninstal and reinstal the word part of Works.

Matt

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds