Flash Player problem/s...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ®KIM, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Hi again!

Hello again! I have a few YouTube videos that I watch/listen to now and then, but all of a sudden I can't do so and I get the following message:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player.

Being a moron where computers are concerned, can you please tell me what IS JavaScript? I know I have Java installed, as one or two news sites that I visit require it, but JavaScript? I have no idea. Is there some way I can check to verify whether I have it installed? And if I do have it, but turned off, how do I turn it on again? Or if I haven't got it, where do I download it, as well as Macromedia?

I was told to uninstall my old version of Flash Player, which I did, and install the latest version, but for some odd and inexplicable reason it doesn't install... Now I'm totally "confussed," as my daughter would say.

Sorry to pester you with these seemingly silly questions, but I really am in the dark. Will appreciate your input! Thanks!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. jamesbarnes

jamesbarnes Guest

Yes, follow Musksnipe's link and do what Compuable said to do in his/her post in that thread = works like a charm - make sure to do exactly as the post says, or it won't work!
    Blessings,
    Jim

4. jamesbarnes

jamesbarnes Guest

P.S. - no bother and no question is silly - how ya gonna learn if ya don't ask??? ;)

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

glad it worked for you...and all questions are good here

6. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Thank you, good people - you're angels, ALL of you! My flash player is working again and I'll be posting a YouTube video on the LOUNGE for you to watch - believe me, if you've never seen people dicing with death yet, you'll see it there... it's HAIRY!!

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

great kim...but the others may be angels, I'm NOT;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds