Operating System (Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ErikaSorenson, Dec 11, 2006.

1. ErikaSorenson

ErikaSorenson Private E-2

Hello,

I am new here and am in need of good advice. I am fairly computer savvy enough to be reallllly dangerous. And that is why I am here.

I have a Dell Demention 5100 running Windows XP Home. Two weeks ago I ran SpyCather Express and it picked a WINDOWS file that was quarentined. The PC would subsequently stop booting at the "Windows is Loading" stage.

Long and short of it, I had Dell ship me the restore disk with drivers etc. Trying to repair this myself because warranty had expired I loaded Windows OS again and now I have TWO Windows XP OS on the PC.

I still have my old files, photos, music etc. but when it boot now it tell me to choose what OS to use (both XP). I choose the first one XP and the system is running fine. If I choose the second XP, it doesn't boot at all (thats where the files , i.e. music, pictures etc are).

I also partitioned the drive (didn't know I did that, the DELL support told me to run BOOTFIX \R and it partitioned.

So my question is, I would like to get rid of the second OS after I move all the files over to the working OS files using Windows Explorer. (MAKES SENSE?????...Sorry)

I am loosing space with the two OS and the partitioned drive correct?

Thannnnnk you very much.

See what I mean, I know enough to be dangerous.

Erika

2. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

what u mean by using windows explorer ,its built in windows programs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds