DirectX 9.0c Problem!

Discussion in 'Software' started by iemg88, Dec 10, 2008.

1. iemg88

iemg88 Private E-2

Hello
    I have a problem with DirectX 9.0C which i have downloaded from
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html
    which i am using for Flyff.
    When i was installing it, an error occurred suddenly

It says: "Internal Error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem."

So i go find DXError.log and DirectX.log.
    It's attached to this post.

http://www.justupit.com/get.php?id=719c344baef59051632ba3cd7c3a6a53 <<<<< DirectX.log open in Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox.

I think it has something to do with changing to API mode?...

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Which OS are you in? Installing 9 on Vista would not be a good idea. If you're in XP, get it from Microsoft instead, to make sure all files are there and okay. According to your error log you failed to install nearly every file, and there are registry entries missing... make sure your Windows is up to date in every other way before trying a reinstall.

3. iemg88

iemg88 Private E-2

Oh im using XP. Microsoft tells me to download a plugin first which i download, but nevertheless i can't download DirectX 9.0c.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html downloads straight from Microsoft i think.

My system:

Microsoft XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Server Pack 2

Dell Dimension DM061
    Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  4. Mimsy

Which version do you have installed right now? Try uninstalling it using DirectX Happy Uninstall and then reinstall DirectX.

Make a Restore Point first!!! Just in case uninstalling it effs things up :)

5. iemg88

iemg88 Private E-2

"This feature is only available to Windows XP 2003" it says in yellow text on the bottom of install. I have Windows XP 2002 i think.

Microsoft XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Server Pack 2

Is XP 2002 right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G2G

Well it says your viewing this thread, but just post what you have to say, i have to go for the day.

Thanks for your help so far Mimsy.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  6. Mimsy

Hmm... not good. And pretty weird too. Does this updater work on your current install?

If not, you may want to consider leaving this thread and posting in the software forum instead. Include a link to this thread so the people there can see what you've tried already. I'm good at hardware and good at making games work... beyond that my biggest virtue is that I know when to step back and let someone else take over. ;) The inner workings of Windows and DirectX are a bit beyond me, and I'd rather send you to the software forum than give advice that might break things for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds