cannot uninstall toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by debbychop, Jan 21, 2011.

1. debbychop

debbychop Private E-2

I'm trying to remove the Ask Toolbar from Add/Remove programs and it won't let me. How do I remove it from my computer? p.s. I never asked for it in the 1st place! Please help. Thanks

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Click this link http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html download Revo Uninstaller, click on the area next to where it says author and it will take you to Revo's installer page ! ;)

Good Luck Rusty ;) !

P.S Revo also gives you the alternative to uninstall all the leftovers from the registry !

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, debbychop.

If Revo doesn't cut it, I've noticed the gurus in the Malware Forum usually recommend Your Uninstaller to remove the Ask toolbar.

4. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

I was going to suggest that Caliban but didn't know if it where advised, as you said by the Malware Experts, but you learn something new everyday, don't you ! ;) Thanks Caliban !

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

No problem, Rusty.

The uninstall routine at Ask.com is pretty straightforward, but I do know that many users have had problems with the toolbar, and it can sometimes prove difficult to remove.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds