2wire Homeportal 165 Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThisChick, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Hi guys! ThisChick has ran into trouble and needs your help. I got a Homeportal 165 router from 2wire. I accidently unchecked the Local Network Connection. Now for some odd reason I cannot enter my gateway.2wire.net page to change settings on my router. I was wondering if anyone could help? Also because of my mystake my Local Network LIght is orange just incase you need to know..Thankyou in advace!!!!

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Try a Hard reset by pressing the Reset button and then power the unit back on.

3. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

what reset button?

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

5. UnKn0wn

UnKn0wn Private E-2

I had a similar problem only I disabled the USB connection, because I used the ethernet connection for my VOIP. All I had to do was connect my PC to the HomePortal using an Ethernet Cable (my other working connection) and from there I was able to connect to the gateway.2wire.net page. So by using the USB cable that came with your HomePortal you should be able to fix your connection. I have a HomePortal 1000 HG so that might mean you do not have the ability to connect using a USB, but I am simply trying to help and that's what worked for me. Good Luck.

6. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Thankyou! I should try that. Didn't even think about it. Thanks!! I'll let you know if it worked.

7. UnKn0wn

UnKn0wn Private E-2

It should do the trick if you have the ability to connect using USB.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds