power problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bert666, Mar 18, 2006.

1. bert666

bert666 Private E-2

friend of mine built me new computer
    fx 60
    2 raptors 74g
    enermax noisetaker 600w
    an832 asus mobo
    2g corsair 3500ll pro
    x fi sound card
    1 bfg 7900 gtx
    the problem is put power lead in yesterday and pushed the on button at front of case which is an antec p180 and nothing.when i take side panel of the green led on the mobo is active so its getting some power.it talks about putting ecz plug 4 pin if ur using 2 graphics but im not.so can any body help me

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Most likely you will ahve to double check the front power/reset and hd led connector wires from the case to the motherboard, sadly there are no definative default way to connect these as each case maker and mobo maker have different pin layouts, so have a close look at the names on the pins from the case and try matching them upto the mobo.

Do check + & - orientation of the pins as well as sometimes the connector needs turning around.

Case manual if supplied as well as your mobo manual may help.

3. bert666

bert666 Private E-2

sorry for taking so long to reply it was just the atx lead it wasnt pushed in correctly thankx anyway halo

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds