Unusual supernova progenitor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by the mekanic, Apr 13, 2009.

1. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

2. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

that is quite mysteriouse but itll be a long time befor we learn enough of our universe to perdict things like star evolution

3. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

4. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

This one statement is why I have no faith in sceince :confused

"This might mean that we are fundamentally wrong about the evolution of massive stars, and that theories need revising,"

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

That's what science is, trial and error. One postulates a theory and another tries to take it down. Science is why you can talk to us over 3K miles instantaneously or fly through the air. What if no one challenged the flat earth 'knowledge' or that we weren't actually the center of the universe?

We are not that smart yet, things that sounded good yesterday might be trashed today. There are no absolutes in knowledge and I don't want to get this thread into religion either as that's a no win situation.;)

6. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

We're assuming that this was a natural occurrence. We don't know what's happening
    2.5 thousand light years away.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds