Driver Reinstall Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by lostintellect, Aug 11, 2009.

1. lostintellect

lostintellect Private E-2

I recently had my computer infected with malware and trojans and it was a pretty nasty bit that rooted itself into my system drivers. I found the guide on this site and managed to clear my pc of all those issues, and reinstalled most of the drivers, albeit the cpu drivers and audio drivers are missing. :X

In device manager, I am getting "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, powercycled and booted in safe mode and had windows scan for new hardware and even installed the most recent drivers for my audio, yet every time the pc reboots, I get an error about the drivers failing to install. And that's just the audio side of it...I can't locate drivers for the processors, and even checked the hp support site.

Any help in leading me in the right direction would be great!

Attached below is my full Everest report.

Attached Files:

2. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Ok, there is no specific name of the audio controller in the report.
    Whats your audio controller's name?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As your PC is a HP A6200n then grab the Chipset driver from here and Audio driver from here, install the Chipset first then reboot and then install the Audio driver.

and as it looks like you are just running the release version of Vista, do install SP2 found here as soon as the above is fixed

4. lostintellect

lostintellect Private E-2

Thanks for the help, but a roomate used my pc and tried to fix something in the registry and i had to reformat my HD to fix his mistake, everything is working now though! So thanks for the help and I'll be sure to apply the necessary updates :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds