FTP software that actually works on Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by ajTheGeek, Jul 22, 2014.

1. ajTheGeek

ajTheGeek Private E-2

Hello geeks, I have been searching in vain for FTP software that actually works on Windows 8.1. I have been a FileZilla user for many years without any problems until upgrading to Windows 8.1. From searching other forums I have discovered many people are having problems with FZ on Windows 8.1. I have tried all of the suggestions (Active and Passive mode etc) but nothing works. Sometimes FZ will get connected but it always disconnects before the file is uploaded. I have tried a few other FTP solutions such as Cyberduck but can't find anything that works reliably on Win 8.1. Can somebody recommend FTP software that works reliably on Windows 8.1?
    PS - I have tried FileZilla from a VM running Windows 7 on the same computer and it works without any problems. Windows 8.1 seems to be the problem.

2. ajTheGeek

ajTheGeek Private E-2

Today I tried Cyberduck again and actually managed to upload a file. i will stick with this program for now and see how it goes.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Filezilla

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

He stated
    And goes on to say it will run in a VM with Win 7, so he knows about Filezilla.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It works fine with windows 8.1.

Why don't you try it instead of trying to correct me?

Would you like me to prove it to you or are you capable of checking yourself?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtnbh5ghbzzisc2/Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Are you sure its not your host?

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

FileZilla 3.9 works fine on Windows 8.x; see https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I use Filezilla with Windows 8.1 64bit and its fine, need it because of sending and receiving medical data from central Africa, so its a great app as connection issues are taken care of due to the way FTP works.

You will have no issues with Filezilla in Win8.1 but do make sure if you have 3rd party antivirus or firewall that the apps is allowed in and out, so start in say Safe Mode with Networking and see if FZ works ok?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds