Windows 7 Event Viewer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lobo43, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Lobo43

Lobo43 Private E-2

First, let me begin,

I am running Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 )with a 64 bit operating system, 4 GB RAM and ADM Phenom (tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.3 GHz. Am running system Mechanic Pro for my anti-virus Software.

I have been reviewing stuff on my Event Viewer, and I have noticed that I have lots of errors and warnings that start back from 2/5/2013. Should I be concerned and can I delete this items if they are not necessary.

Lobo43

2. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Now that you've gone rooting around, you might as well check to see what error codes were recorded in association with those events. Personally, I don't go running down stuff that gets recorded in the Event Viewer, except for BSODs which are almost always symptomatic of something bad. Most other times, you just end up chasing ghosts.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Scammers use the fact that everyone has errors in event viewer. If the computer is operating ok and I'll bet it is, forget about the errors you looked at.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds