Scratched disks for Office XP Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by Greyhound, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Is there a way to get new disks without paying out a fortune? I am the owner of these and they have gotten scratched badly, so I am not sure they will even work anymore. :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. frankieee

frankieee Private E-2

If they work, burn them before something worse happens to them. Chances are the vendor will not take them back. Sounds frustrating.

3. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

4. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Huh, wasn't sure that you were able to burn them and still make them work?????????

5. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

That's cool, it is just scratched on the back anyway, but you can see through it.

6. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Iguess I will have to buy a new disk, tried to burn a new one and it was a no go. The media must be on the inside of the backing. Now, if I have to put out the price of a new one, maybe it would be better to buy the 2003 version, huh? :( :( :(

7. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

You are correct, the media is on the painted side.
    If the paint is scratched you are probably stuck. If the scratch is on the clear side there is hope. When all else fails extrace all the files you can then polish the CD with toothpaste or other fine polish. Get all the scratches out you can and try again. I have had sucess with this method when all else has failed, but it is a time comsuming process.

8. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Tis on the painted side though, so it be awash. Thanks all.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds