Need help with xp service pack 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by charliebird, Sep 1, 2004.

1. charliebird

charliebird Private E-2

I downloaded service pack 2 and i got this icon with this message "limited or no connectivity" this is with my local area connection 2, it also says "you might not be able to access the internet or some network resourses, this problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer." I seem to be able to get into the internet ok, no problems that i can tell yet, what is this message

Thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sounds like you have two Network Cards in that machine. I would think it safe to disable Local Area Connection 2 and be done with it.

3. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i got that very same message on sunday. and i couldnt access the net. i rang verizon and they said they'd never heard of that message before. whilst he was running checks on it, he suddenly said that he had just recieved information that there was a problem with 808 numbers (hawaii). at some point during the morning they fixed it and everything returned to normal. i know this doesn't help any, but thought id share:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds