XP and high CPU usage

Discussion in 'Software' started by Allen, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Allen

Allen Private E-2

I am running XP Home and after booting the CPU usage starts to climb, with the help of microsoft I have traced it to the svchost/Local Services.
    By "end tasking" this right after boot up I can eliminate the high usage.
    MS says they think its someting to do with "LSASS" and "svchost" and they say they will have a cure for it when the SP2 comes out.
    Personally, I'd like to get into the svchost/local services and find out which program it is, I have done the eliminate the items in "services", and can't seem to pin it down.
    My question is, is there anyway to get into the "local services" and see what the CPU usage is of each of the programs in there is?
    tia,
    Al

2. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

First,

Welcome to MG :D.

Now down to buisness, yes there is a site with a list of the process menu :)

Just go here http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm ALSO if you want to know if viruses or spyware is running on your computer run a full scan at www.pcpitstop.com and under one of the lists it will tell you a bit about the most common programs.

Good luck ;).

-BB

3. Allen

Allen Private E-2

XP Home and high CPU

Thanks, took a quick look at both them sites and think they will help.
    I may not be able to see the CPU usage climb, but I can try eliminating all thoses that I don't need.
    Once again, thanks
    Al

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds