up to 5 minutes is abnormally too long of a wait just for the wireless connection to

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pokerstar, Aug 23, 2008.

1. pokerstar

pokerstar Private E-2

slow loading network connection icon and can't do anything until it loads about 5mins

hi, i've begun to really get concerned and annoying with my problem.

It never did this before, sort of out of the blue. Ive also done all sorts of virus/ad-ware scans, defrag, etc...

Everytime i reboot, desktop loads fine, all icons etc. Even virus program shows up in start bar. But the computer will laag and i cant really do anything until a few minutes pass by and the Wireless Icon shows up in the start bar. Its important since i Use it to connect to the internet.

Does anyone know why it could be taking so long to load up and start. Everything else seems to load up. After it finally shows itself, everything runs smoothly. up to 5 minutes is abnormally too long of a wait just for the wireless connection to load.

On another note, my startup does seem a little longer than nornal when it first starts before the xp logo there is a blinking dash line and it blinks longer than it use too.

Sorry for the long explanation, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Ive also tried uninstalling wireless connection and letting it reinstall and drivers r updated.

2. pokerstar

pokerstar Private E-2

It never did this before, sort of out of the blue. Ive also done all sorts of virus/ad-ware scans, defrag, etc...

Everytime i reboot, desktop loads fine, all icons etc. Even virus program shows up in start bar. But the computer will laag and i cant really do anything until a few minutes pass by and the Wireless Icon shows up in the start bar. Its important since i Use it to connect to the internet.

Does anyone know why it could be taking so long to load up and start. Everything else seems to load up. After it finally shows itself, everything runs smoothly. up to 5 minutes is abnormally too long of a wait just for the wireless connection to load.

On another note, my startup does seem a little longer than nornal when it first starts before the xp logo there is a blinking dash line and it blinks longer than it use too.

Sorry for the long explanation, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Ive also tried uninstalling wireless connection and letting it reinstall and drivers r updated.

3. pokerstar

pokerstar Private E-2

the computer will laag and i cant really do anything until a few minutes pass by and

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Re: slow loading network connection icon and can't do anything until it loads about 5

Do you have any !'s in Device Manager? BTW, you shouldn't post the same thing in three different forums, networking is probably the best place.;)

5. pokerstar

pokerstar Private E-2

Re: slow loading network connection icon and can't do anything until it loads about 5

everything looks find in device manager. no !

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Re: up to 5 minutes is abnormally too long of a wait just for the wireless connection

I had a problem with my wireles router, in that it would lock up my computer, if I was to turn it off so that I could turn off my virus scanner, when installing a particular driver.
    I checked, and updated the .net files, and it corrected it, so that I could turn the wireless router off, and not lock up.
    I would check your Microsoft .net framework is fully up to date (version 3 ), and see if that will solve it.
    Also it might be time to have a clean up http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650 by major attitude.
    Just a thought, have youset your pc to start up from hard drive first ?- I mean not forgotten that you had it set to look through floppy, or dvd/cd drive first.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Re: up to 5 minutes is abnormally too long of a wait just for the wireless connection

It is poor forum etiquette to cross-post. You have three posts in three different sections with the same problem within minutes of each other. This clutters the board and also doesn't allow people to see what has been suggested and tried.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=167815 @11:02
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=167816 @11:11
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=167817 @11:19

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Three threads merged in to one. Please do not cross post same problem across the forums. It makes it impossible for those trying to advise you to see what others have already suggested. It also makes it difficult for others trying to follow the advice given who have the same issue.

9. pokerstar

pokerstar Private E-2

i tried all suggestions and nothing works

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds