Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Updating Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by moMO415, Sep 2, 2008.

1. moMO415

moMO415 Private E-2

hellos :) i hope you could help me as i am not very good in computer stuff.
    but recently, i wanted to upgrade my computer (windows xp) to windows vista but when i scanned my computer to see if it was compatible, one of the problems was with my version of realtek high definition audio the version is : 5.10.0.5296 and i needed a newer version. and i went to softpedia.com to download the newer version but when i checked the version, its was still the same old one. is there any suggestions to how to replace the old version?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Windows Updates recently released a version of the Realtek HD driver. Make sure that your Vista is fully updated.

Not sure what this version is as I'm in a hurry but MG usually has the latest ones:
    Realtek High Definition Audio for Vista

3. moMO415

moMO415 Private E-2

but i havent upgrade to vista as the version i used is old. so i need to update the version first before i can upgrade to vista. can you teach me how to update to a newer version of realtek high definition audio?

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds