Converting video to Digital using USB2.0 A/V grabber kit, probs with driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Antoinette, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Antoinette

Antoinette Private E-2

Hi, I have a GrabBeexlight device which I am attempting to get up and running to convert video to digital. I have attached it to the video and pc and have picture but no sound. I e-mailed Grabbeexlight company who told me to download an AP and update the driver. I was sent a link. I was told to uninstall the software and reinstall. I downloaded the driver which went into my "download" file. when I click on it is says "application not found"? But the driver does seem to be there i.e. it says there's GrabBee_V1.0.7.1-Grabeex-light-Vista, 21.3 MB (22,381,146 bytes), WinRAR ZIP archive (.zip). I still don't have sound. I am wondering do I have to do something else with the piece of software I downloaded?
    Would appreciate any help and advice, Thanks Antoinette

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

how do you have the audio hooked up? do you have it going into the sound card via the mic port? or line in? whatever recording software you are using needs to have the correct input device selected. and the volume settings correctly set in the computer's mixer. I've tried this recently (not with the same device as you) and I have found that alot of software wont recognize the RCA audio input, but rather the line-in input on the sound card. Some sound cards will let you change what each input is, just by using the control panel

3. Antoinette

Antoinette Private E-2

Thanks very much for the advice. Yes I am using the LINE IN to the sound card. Have seem some info that it maybe a VISTA Problem or alternatively a Sigmatel problem! Basically I can play a movie clip in my Media Player and have sound, then play it in the Grabee programme and have sound but when I connect up the audio to the LINE IN I don't get sound. To check it I have plugged a microphone into the LINE IN and that seems to be working so am at a loss at the moment. I have tried fiddling around with the volume settings as you suggest, thanks for your help, Antoinette:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds