USA Network's Covert Affairs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by whoay35, May 18, 2010.

1. whoay35

whoay35 Private First Class

Can't believe there's not a thread about Covert Affairs yet! It's gonna be a really cool look inside the CIA and it's produced by Doug Liman of the Bourne trilogy. Have a look at the trailer - you can definitely see the Bourne influence. Anybody else waiting for this show to premiere in July?

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

You do know this is a work of fiction, don't you - like the Bourne movies?

Having said that - trailer looks like it should be an action packed show. I'd not heard of it till now. Plus I like Perabo . . . she's perky! ;)

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Covert ops is alive and well.
    You never know if your home or office is safe, it has been known for members of the covert ops to enter a property and conduct a thorough search, they first take photos to make sure everything is as it was before they leave and you never know they were there.

It is not such fiction after all.

4. whoay35

lol who doesn't love her?! Gotta love her in Coyote Ugly! Can't wait for her character in this show though - she's playing a really brilliant CIA trainee (Annie) who was plucked from "The Farm" a few weeks early because she's so smart (girl is fluent in six languages).

Plus Annie's gonna be a girl-next-door type....which is awesome!

5. whoay35

Have you all heard anything else about Covert Affairs? Just found out Gregory Itzin (President Logan on "24") will have a recurring role as the Director of Clandestine Services. It'll be great to see him as a good guy finally!

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I disliked the Bourne movies due to the direction and camera work I thought it was terrible,fast moving shaky cameras may portray action to some people but they just give me a headache,I hate it when you can't see or tell what's happening properly as in the Bourne movies.

If he uses the same camera technique in this show I'll be giving it a miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLkMN6K0as0

Yup short takes with handheld cameras,this technique is used portray action and to hide the fact the actors can't fight and the scene isn't really that action packed.

Who knows though it may turn out to be an intelligent character driven drama but I doubt it.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Looks like something I would watch, I'm the opposite Rikky as the fast flipping between scenes is ok for me, but we all have different tollerences to fast flickery imagery, I'm just used to it from my jobs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds