Weird things trying to enter my ports HELP!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by CaNoFzOo, May 9, 2004.

1. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

I have ZoneAlarm and it works great. Without it I wound probably have a heart attack or something due to paranoia... (could that really happen:confused: ) Okay well... theres some "interesting" things trying to get into my computer and its starting to worry me. Heres the SOUrCE DNS for some of these puppies: dial-up-196-3-196-7.dialup.sunbeach.net (Zone Alarm blocked these little g00bers attempt to get into one of my ports though) And a SOURCE DNS for one of them is called web.centerforhumanrights.net *Alarmed* Oh my what do these things want from me?! They try to get into my ports. I don't even know if i'm explaining this right. But please help me before I drop into fetal position and cry myself asleep. :p

2. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hey CaNo :) Have you tried clicking the "More Information" button in ZA? ("alerts and logs">log viewer tab>lower right hand corner) to see what ZA has to say about the attempts?
    Bill

3. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Yep Bill.. it says things thing this though: [​IMG]ZoneAlarm blocked traffic to port 1027 on your machine from port 4701 on a remote computer whose IP address is 63.127.50.93. This communication attempt may have been a port scan, or simply one of the millions of unsolicited commercial or network control messages that are routinely sent out over the Internet. Such unsolicited messages are often called Internet background noise.

Something tells me it might be more than just that. Maybe i'm just paranoid. Heh. :confused:

4. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Some of them aren't being reported as blocked!? WHAT!? *Calms down* Well... at least I have a firewall. *Does a little dance* :D Well.. erm you made me feel a little bit better... erm.. I guess :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds