Need new music....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ACE 256, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

My music i have now is getting old..... I need more :D... Im into trance and techno mainly ( Mesh - Purple Haze, Vibrasphere - Manzanilla )....but if it doesnt have ( english ) words ill prolly like it ( Russian Red Army Choir - O Fortuna ).....thow thare are some songs that brake that rule ( Live - Lightning Crashes ) .....mainly looking for solid trance ( jacob & Mendez - Deception, Stargaze - Souvenir Of Ultra ) any recommendations ??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2006
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I picked up Taproot today :D

3. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

Check out the Underworld Evolution soundtrack. Pretty good stuff on there... new Atreyu song, remix's (decent ones, actually) of My Chemical Romance, a new Hawthorne Heights song off the new album, Cradle of Filth doing a cover of Halloween II (the Samhain version), a new Slipknot song (kinda weak), Lacuna Coil (I think I remember Adrynalyn mentioning them once before), and a bunch of other decent bands.

Also, if you're looking for something GENUINELY DIFFERENT, try Mindless Self Indulgenge. Those guys are awesome! Kinda techno, kinda punk. Sometimes they remind me of Pigface. Mindless Self Indulgence is truly a unique band. Some of their studio stuff uses electronic drums, but their drummer is a chick and when they play live, it's all real drums. That chick plays like a freakin robot live. She's amazing. Dave Lombardo wishes he could play like that!

Heres a link to a video (not live, but a good song off their new album): http://www.mindlessselfindulgence.com/inside/video.php

-Steve

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That is one heck of a lineup on that soundtrack, Steve.

I'm gonna have to go out and buy it :D Will be interesting to hear new stuff from Lacuna and Atreyu as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2006
  5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

OMG I'm getting old! Out of all those mentioned, I know who Slipknot are :p

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Pffft, Lacuna is older than Slipknot ;)

7. Tabasco

Tabasco Private First Class

Underworld Evolution Soundtrack sounds cool.

One recommendation though not as techno heavy is Boards of Canada. More relaxed elctronic music... good stuff though.

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I guess I need to get out more then :D

9. ACE 256

Any songs in perticular ?

10. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

If relaxed electronic is what you're looking for, try Soulu ~ www.soulo.net.

One of the guys, Nate, was the singer in my first band when we were like sixteen. We kinda lost touch after high school, but it's cool to see that one of us actually stuck with music. Even if it's not really my cup of tea.

-Steve

11. ACE 256

Thay have lyircs in thar music ?? I normaly dont like songs with words...that and im on dial up so its a pain to DL songs just to see what thare like.....

12. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

No vocals AFAIK. Mostly weird instrumental stuff.

-Steve

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Worth checking out ACE, these are independent artists under one label who release their musica on the web http://www.subnatura.com you have 8 albums to choose from ( Extraboys and Slem's stuff is good, but most of the rest of them are pretty cool too ) :) .............. edit Next to no words just music :)

Boards of Canada are neat, I have Campfire Headphase superb stuff.

others of note I like are.....

Glookanary Express ( also free under Creative Commons licence ) http://sunstation.ru/ *again no words*

Shiller
    Tangerine Dream
    Lemon Jelly
    Crystal Method ( dunno if they hit the trance techo bit.. but still worth a listen )

14. ACE 256

Looks like my dial up is ganna be clogged for a while :rolleyes: 16MB~12MB ......oh well looks like good stuff so far :).....

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You old hippy :p I used to have some of their albums too ;)

16. DavidGP

Cannot be called a hippy these days Lev I have no hair, well not much left ;)

but I have always liked their stuff as well as Vangelis, Tangerine Dream albums I must have 20+ as they do alot of movie stuff.

@ACE.. I just Downloaded the latest Subnatura, release #8 Cluster City and its VERY good, nope lyrics to spoil the music, just trancy ambient melodies ;)

17. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

OK...a hippy with issues :p

@ACE...you ever listened to any Vanessa Mae...a cross between classical and rock...no lyrics mostly.....really uplifting :)

18. ACE 256

Like aphex twin ?? Or lighter ? That reminds me i could get more aphex twin :D.....

19. ACE 256

Oh well ...cant get any thing on my dial up :rolleyes:..... and www.tranceaddict.com dosent have any thing new ether :( ....
    *listens to Jacob & Mendez - Deception at full ( distortion free ) volume* best trance song ever IMO thow its close... Oh to any one here into trance look here tiss whare i found my best trance so far.....

@ halo "glookanary express -forest in wait" isent to bad....reminds me of aphex twin in a way...

20. DavidGP

yeah GE they are not too disimilar are they? do try Subnatura as well :)

21. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Try Ozric Tentacles too

22. ACE 256

I will... Im just happy to get my conn free for now, it took me 4 hours to DL glookanary express -forest in wait :rolleyes:....

23. Tabasco

Tabasco Private First Class

Like Halo said, Campfire Headphase is a great album.

Their most renowned album is Music Has the Right to Children. If you want to taste test some songs go for these:

Dayvan Cowboy - Campfire Headphase -
    Turquoise Hexagon Sun - Music Has the Right to Children

Enjoy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds