which one is safe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by infoseeker, Jul 6, 2006.

1. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

im getting confuse with SPAMMERS

does they have program to run so they can collect ema!l add in the internet?
    (or how they collect email-add:confused: )

if so, does that program is looking for this sign "@" and "email" or very alert with that sign and word?

because im building my website,
    which one is safe to use a "form" to fill up rather than "click here" button to send email?:confused:
    or is there any better idea??:confused: ??

thanks in advance

:) infoseeker :)

2. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

A form that some one has to fill out then submit to send email would be safer than just listing an email address or a mail to link.

But a form will get filled out and sent to you by idiots all the time. And some spammers pay people to find such forms and fill them out, or they have bots that can do it.

3. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

I have my email listed all over the internet and still find I have very few problems with spam that a decent spam handler (such as spambayes) can't handle.

Obviously you need to check your junk folder every now and again for one that slipped by but to my knowledge once spambayes is decently trained i've not had a false positive (or false negative for that matter).

more information on spambayes can be found here
    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

Matt

Sorry if this post is off topic.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds