Making a server intranet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vafhudr, Feb 15, 2007.

1. vafhudr

vafhudr Private E-2

I want to make a server computer that will run an intranet email teamspeak FTP server for my friends i have a hamachi server and would like to do this for free any help?

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Recommend that you read this Technet Whitepaper titled Installing IIS. This will show you how to install webserver software in Microsoft Windows.

(Post back if you aren't running Windows)

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Running an email service is a complicated issue the computer that runs it is the last thing on the list.

There are issues of security, bandwidth, ISP TOS, email ports that are blocked by most ISPs, private confidentiality of users, and much more.

It might a size of a book to explain it.

You are much better of start Goggling for terms involve such an adventure and if after hours of readings you have some specific questions it make more sense to ask.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I wouldn't complicate it more than is necessary. These aren't considerations you have to take too seriously if it is strictly serving a private network. Keep it off the internet, and you don't have to worry about it becoming a relay for spam.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds