Lexmark Printer won't print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tjoecks23, Feb 16, 2006.

1. tjoecks23

tjoecks23 Private E-2

Hi this is my first post I was referred to majorgeeks by a friendI have a lexmark 23oo series everything is installed and working right except I can't get the information to go to the printer to print.Is it maybe the usb ports are bad. I also have a web cam from logitech I had it working for a second and now everytime I try toi use it with yahoo messenger its telling me the webcam is not connected I would appreciate any help anyone could give me thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi, I have moved your post into its own thread as using an already open thread on a slightly different topic/hardware from yours is likely to get your question overlooked :)

also some info on which windows version and if you get any error messages and what they are would help?

other questions from me to start are....

1. If you have XP and goto Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes does your printer show in the folder? if not then its possible that the Printspooler service has stopped and will need starting again.. to do this goto Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > look for the print spooler service and double click it to open, once open click start if indeed its stopped, then in the startup type drop down menu choose automatic then click apply and try printing again.

2. If you look in the Device Manager are their any yellow ! marks next to anything, if so what?

3. If you unplug the webcam and only have the printer plugged in ( and try various USB ports ) does the printer work?

4. Have you tried un-installing the Lexmark driver software and re-installing it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds