Headers..ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'Software' started by unclematty, Dec 3, 2003.

1. unclematty

unclematty Private First Class

Zone Alram blocks headers...why?

Whats the deal with headers?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

there are headers for lots of things.. can you elaborate?

3. unclematty

unclematty Private First Class

everytime i hit a web page, for instance google, zone alarm tells me that it has blocked headers.

i am just curious what they are and why they are blocked.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I do believe that is part of ZA's blocking of ads..

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Uncle,

Sounds like you might be a new user of ZA. Here are a couple of ideas:

Be a happy camper about the fact that it blocks those annoyances. If the blocked header popups are bothering you, just turn the notification popups off in ZA's controls panels, Alerts and Logs, Main, OFF. It'll still pop one up every time something tries to get OUT without your permission, but it'll stop telling you about every INCOMING block. It'll create a log of all attempts.

You might want to make it a part of your housekeeping routine to wipe the old and useless ZA LOGS once in a while. It stores a daily log by default in a folder it creates on your machine called Internet Logs, in your Windows folder. You can tell it to put the logs elsewhere, if you wish, or you can make it stop making a log, but that's probably not a good idea, cuz you never know when you might want the info it collected a few minutes or hours ago.

Anyhow, the collection of logs can get quite large, and you might want to clear all of them except the active one once a month or so. Leave any database and xml files you find in Internet Logs alone, though. ZA uses those.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds