Dig Cam Worked Fine Before, but not now?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grc123, May 6, 2012.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

This is a Vista Home-Basic SP2 OS

My Nikon Digital Camera worked on this desktop (uploaded pics from the cam to the PC) last time I attempted it (about six months ago), but since then the computer was moved (meaning unplugged, etc.), and now it won't work (PC doesn't recognize the cam?).

I used to be able to simply attach the camera to the USB cord, and it was recognized automatically. Now I can't even find it when I look for it..?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance . . .

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you tried a different USB cord as maybe the one you are using has become faulty ? Have you connected other devices to USB port and do they work ok. ?? Look in Device Manager and see if any Yellow exclamation or Red Cross markers. Have you connected it to another Rig??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds