Pages not loading

Discussion in 'Software' started by Angelfish316, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Angelfish316

Angelfish316 Private E-2

I am having problems with pages on IE and Mozilla loading very slow. I know my hard drive is down to like 7 gigs of memory. Could that have something to do with it? I have 1 gig RAM. I defragmented not too long ago. Any help would be appreciated. This is also happening on another computer.

2. Angelfish316

Angelfish316 Private E-2

This happens with most pages. Actually, MajorGeeks is going pretty fast. Yahoo is probably the worst.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Im sorry, your at majorgeeks though, the owners make a living off this site, not reffering people to other sites. As far as msconfig, chas tells people not to use it in any form, so dont see what your saying there.

6. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Welcome to MajorGeeks Angelfish!:major

From personal experience, I can tell you that your HD being down to 7 GB can affect PC performance but it should not be isolated incidents such as you're describing with just IE and Mozilla.

Other than following the advice (links) given by Colemanguy and dlb in the below quoted posts, some additional information would be helpful in resolving your issue(s) if you still need assistance.

What Operating System are you running?

As you are having difficulty on another computer also; Do the computers share a connection and are they in use simultaneously? What type of Internet connection do you have? What is the Operating System of the other computer? Are you using a firewall and anti-virus software on one or both computers? If so, what specifically? Finally, are you sharing files between the two computers?

7. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

I can assure you that the SP3 download is unlikely to cause slowdowns on MG. Tim & Jim do very well anticipating traffic for large downloads/new releases and address it before it becomes an issue. Additionally, MajorGeeks.com and forums.MajorGeeks.com are not on the same dedicated server(s).

Your suggestions may help clean up TIF's and such but it does not "clean a system of malware" or provide any supporting data like our Read Me does. In order to effectively and completely clean a system (not just applying a temporary band-aid as you suggest) it is necessary to be more thorough if you want the cleaning to be effective and complete.

This is so untrue it's laughable. Your *cough* removal procedures barely skim the surface of malware issues. Your guide is only efficient because of all the stuff it leaves behind rather than completely cleaning a system and providing crucial information like MG's guide does.

rolleyes Three download links doesn't add up to 'most downloads'.

UncleBic...as you can see, I have removed your posts from this thread and with good reason. While we always appreciate users who want to help others within the forums, it is necessary for you to be linking to our guides as Colemanguy and dlb have. Our guides are constantly being updated and are effective, efficient and complete.

Additionally, members who are trying to piggyback on MG's traffic to generate traffic for their own 'tech' websites is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. No more links to your website. This is non-negotiable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds