PST problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by wassimk, Feb 24, 2009.

1. wassimk

wassimk Private First Class

Hi,

i have a corrupted pst file that i can not seem to find a way to fix! (or recover).

am using outlook 2007 , the personal folder (which has the pst file open) contains only deleted items and search folder , when u go to its properties it says 0kb used (as in size), but when you go to the actual pst file's properties, it says the size is 230 mb !!

i tried fixing it with scanpst.exe (from the office12 folder) , it says that it fixed it.. but i still see the same stuff.. i tried to use the .bak file that scanpst creates , renamed it to test.pst , and opened it... same issue.

the only software that showed me the contents (proving its not in my head) it outlookfix , but its a shareware, u have to pay around 200 usd for it to work... but it shows u the content of the pst file.. and they were accurate (around 650 messages).

do you guys have any help for me? any software? (freeware) ... anything :cry

thnx and regards
    Wassim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds