Acer Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by penguin010, Jul 25, 2005.

1. penguin010

penguin010 Private E-2

Is Acer a good company to buy products from? I havent really heard much about them, but I found a pretty nice laptop of theirs on newegg. Its an Aspire 1804WSMi with 1G RAM, a Pentuim 4 540[3.2Ghz], 100GB hard drive, and a Radeon X600 Video Card with 128MB dedicated memory. Would that be a nice buy?

2. penguin010

penguin010 Private E-2

For $1670 shipped.

3. HECK

HECK Corporal

yeah i jus got the one for general wireless internet and doing college work. they were one of the few to come out first but never hit it big. they were more of a hardware company then a WHOLE computer company. like i said a laptop is bascially a laptop to me, i would go for it. but yeah mine is good. let me kno what you do.

4. penguin010

penguin010 Private E-2

I mostly play games, but I dont really need it to be a gaming powerhouse. I just need it to be able to run the new games fairly well. I also need it for surfing the web, and doing schoolwork.

5. javajunkie80

javajunkie80 Private E-2

Sams club has an HP with an Athlon 64 and 128ati video card along with dual layer dvdr 1gb of ram and a 100gb harddrive for $1049 plus it comes with a printer and bag inside the box. I had an old acer that worked well no real complaints.

6. askantik

askantik Sergeant

Acer makes good laptops, esp. for the price.

I have a lower model and I couldn't be more pleased.

Check out their Ferrari line ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds