i cannot play video files with vlc or windows media player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mickjo1, Apr 20, 2007.

1. mickjo1

mickjo1 Private E-2

can anyone help me i im having problems playing video files.when i try to play video files with vlc and windows media player 11. my computer just flashes and slows down. i thought it was my graphics card i have a fx 6200 and i tryed a 5200 from my other computer and it worked fine. so bought a fx 7600 put it in and it still dose the same i am at a loss to what it could be. another point i like to bring up is that my 6200 and 5200 will play battlefield 2 with no problems but the 7600 just slows right down as if it is playing in slow motion

2. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

Have you installed the latest nvidia drivers? Do you have any conflicting video drivers?

3. mickjo1

mickjo1 Private E-2

yes i have the latesr drivers.

4. uberuberuber

uberuberuber Private First Class

5. mickjo1

mickjo1 Private E-2

after installing the drivers from the disc i went into device manager and under display drivers i have a yellow mark indicating that theres no drivers installed.so i went on nividia web site and downloaded the drivers from there. but when i tryed to install them it got half way and my screen went off and i could not get it back on. so i rebooted my comp and tryed again and the same thing happend.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds