CD-RW Burning Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WeHaveNoApples, Jun 30, 2011.

1. WeHaveNoApples

WeHaveNoApples Private E-2

So whenever I try to burn a cd on my computer; it freezes up and moves slower than 5x10^-50 rpms. Sometimes it makes it about half way through the cd, sometimes it doesnt even finish the first song.(and this is after waiting a very, very, very long time.... i really wanted the cd)

Misc. Info: Drivers up to date, software up to date, driver age < 1 year, worked fine until very recently

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I have bought some "cheap" medium that I want to burn on. I found that I have to clean each disc with alcohol "before" I Start and then it works fine.

Sometimes thr maybe crud on the "new" medium.

3. WeHaveNoApples

I've used and bought the same set of cds always. Also, tried multiple times to get this working.

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Do you have the opportunity to try that medium on another PC and see if the problem is the discs??

5. WeHaveNoApples

I can try that, but like I said it used to work fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds