DVD-ROM failing.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karlant, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Karlant

Karlant Private E-2

Hi there. I have a LITE-ON DVDRW drive. All was working well until one day I decided to make an ISO file of a disc I had, so I could share with my friends. Ever since then the thing has failed to work. It makes a few spins like it's trying to read, and then it gives a few beeps and stops. So, I figure it's something to do with the ISO maker (MagicDisc in this case) hijacking it. I've tried deleting all the burning/mounting software, restoring my DVD-ROM to factory defaults, updating, uninstalling, reinstalling, safe mode, just about everything... Any thoughts on what I should do to fix this dang thing? Thanks for any help.

-Karlant

P.S. No, it's not the lens. I've cleaned that baby 4-5 times with two different cleaners, and I've brought a cloth directly to the lens.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Sounds like the hardware has had it. They are very cheap to replace so I would not worry.

3. Karlant

Karlant Private E-2

I was worried that that was the case. Thanks for the reply though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds