zone alarm pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by ACE 256, Jan 10, 2004.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Id like your opinions on zone alarm pro.

Any help whould be appreciated.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

WOW... what would you like to know?

The latest version 4.5.538 works very well... I use it as a security measure for outgoing traffic more than incomming as I have a router to handle incomming data packets.

Its easy to setup program and gives you all the information you'll ever need on what programs for files want to access the internet, you can give access or deny internet access any program you wish .. it is like a few other Software firewalls a must have application in your collection.

for one thinh having a software fireall it lets you know what programs want to access the net.. nad you will be supprised at what wants to connect..... the program gives you control rather than the program... give access or deny what you wish!

3. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Ditto to what Mr. H said. I like it and I depend on it heavily for control of programs that want to reach out on their own or want to act as servers and receive without my control. My router stops the incoming baddies, and that leaves ZA to do the much dirtier work of making sure I have complete control over home-phoners and such.

Easy, efficient, effective.

4. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Zone Alarm is good to go

and you can get the free version and its just as good and the pro.

5. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I instaled zone alarm pro ;)

thanks

6. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi ace
    I would go along withe the other's. For the average user zone is most probably the best. If however you are very experienced at configuring firewalls then sygate or outpost may be a better choice as they are much more configurable but failure to configure them correctly will leave ports open after you have closed them. Which is not a good idea at all so choose wisely

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds