Stuck at blue (Win7 loading?) screen after clean reinstall!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shuriken UK, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Shuriken UK

Shuriken UK Private First Class

I've just done a clean slate install of Win7 for the second time now after mysteriously getting "Bootmgr missing" errors a few days after the 1st installation. That fixed the problem and I was finally able to get into my computer again. Now only ONE day after the fresh reinstall, I'm now faced with a new, similar problem. Once again I can't get into my PC, this time there's no startup errors, no messages of any kind. I simply get past the initial DOS style boot up sequence then reach this blue screen with the Win logo, flowers & butterflies etc and the computer simply hangs there forever. If I leave it for 15 mins, the monitor goesc into standby as if the PC is working normally but I just have what I assume is a blank desktop with no icons, no cursor, no input of any kind. CTRL+ALT+DEL simply restarts the computer which then hangs at a black screen until it brings me right back to the blank desktop...

This happened after running Snappy Driver installer this time (which worked fine on the last fresh 7 install). I created a restore point but obviously that's useless since I'm completely locked out of the computer. After the initial buzz of moving up to Windows 7, so far its been nothing but a headache, I'm starting to get sick of having to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch every time something goes to cop. I suspect I'm going to have to do the same thing for a third time now.

All of the solutions for the startup errors (such as the 3 given to me a few days back) involve using Windows Startup Repair, which I don't have so Im stuck with the brute force clean reinstall method every time which takes about 30 mins.

I could really use some help here, I'm starting to get to my wits end with Windows 7. I really don't want to go back to XP...

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Please post full system specs, especially the number of hard drives, CDROM and other SATA devices.
    How are you installing Win 7? CD, USB, recovery partition?
    Have you tried safe mode?
    We want to help, just need some more information.

3. Shuriken UK

I was luckily able to fix it by booting into safe mode and uninstalling my GFX driver, but how can that have been the cause? I know PC's are infamously temperamental but this is the same driver I installed last time without a hitch!

I'm reinstalling the driver now. Fingers crossed this time will be the lucky one...

4. Shuriken UK

Sorry DOA I missed your post! Heres my specs and method of installing:-

CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0GHz dual core
    4GB RAM DDRii 667
    Nvidia GTX650 Ti Boost 2gb VRAM
    500GB SATA ii system drive
    1TB SATA ii HDD & 2TB SATA iii HDD (although my Mobo is SATA ii)
    Conroe Presler FSB1333 Mobo
    Win7 64 bit installed via bootable USB made with Rufus.

Cheers!

Reinstalling the GFX drivers created the same problem... I don't get it. These are exactly the same drivers I had installed the last time I installed Windows 7, but now my they completely mess up the computer... I'm going to try installing the older drivers from the CD then update using Snappy and see if that works.

5. Shuriken UK

Okay, I've just installed old drivers that came with the card (they've never given me any problems before) but I STILL have this flipping blank desktop screen with black borders on the top & bottom, as if in a letterbox style wide screen resolution.

What could be causing this!? Everything GFX card related was 100% normal on the last Win7 installation and I'm doing everything the same as before! This makes no sense whatsoever...

Edit: Ridiculous LOL, I know what it is now! I just hooked up my HDTV and for some reason my card or the OS was putting me in dual monitor / extended desktop mode without even having touched any configurations... Well at least its sorted now and I can get cracking with reinstalling all my stuff! I need to have some serious words with this PC!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds