Hi

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Samuel T, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Samuel T

Samuel T Private E-2

Hi all, my name is Sam, just visiting the parents for xmas and was asked to look at computer which was not working. Formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP but hard drive fan working overtime, sure something is on here and the registry is a mess. Just run hjt log and was wondering if anyone had any ideas and any software i should be running to protect comp gooing forward. have installed and run spy bot and se adware looking for good registry fixer. Keep getting system warning about performance too. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Removed the log file, that wont be of any help. If you reinstalled Windows, how come you have al these problems again? You also mention hardware issues as a possibility. If you think its malware start here:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

And follow that thread. If you think it is hardware, start anew thread in hardware forum :)

3. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

4. Samuel T

Samuel T Private E-2

Went through your process major and posted new logs on problems section. the fan on my hard drive been working overtime evening when not doing anything. heard that newer adware, spyware and torojans can remain on hard drive even after format. had to do format had some sort of clock error, computer would'nt even boot onto windows normal. not sure maybe problem with hard drive.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds