Dell inspiron 1501 ip

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ash11me, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ash11me

ash11me Private E-2

Okay people! i need help!
    my friend game me an old dell inspiron 1501.
    its slow and clunky but it worked great online.
    then i moved.
    now suddenly it refuses to connect to the internet. it shows a perfect connection. it finds the internet, but then it says some garble about the ip address not working.
    so i tried to reset the ip addres ipconfig/release
    and ipconfig/renew
    and it said - no operation can be performed on local area connection while its media is disconnected
    now i am lost. i dont know what to do.
    all other laptops in the house work just fine.
    along with the Playstations connection to the same router.
    its just my laptop. somethings not right.. somebody help me!:crybaby

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Your commands ipconfig/renew ipconfig/release -- those are typos? There is a space between the ipconfig and /, meaning ipconfig /renew is the proper command.

On a laptop that is working, can you run ipconfig /all and copy/paste the result here.

On the laptop that isn't connecting, can you run ipconfig /all and copy the result for the wireless here please. Be sure to include the wireless card info, it should say something like Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN.

Lastly, is the network different now? Different name, different encryption? You might need to try WEP encryption or turning off encryption TEMPORARILY, just for testing. I fought with an older dell until I discovered that the wireless card only connected to WEP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds