Windows Installer keeps popping up..

Discussion in 'Software' started by Miamistyle, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miamistyle

Miamistyle Private E-2

I am running Win2000 Pro. on my system and everytime I re-boot, or go online or start a program Windows installer pops up asking for a disc I no longer have.(HpMemories disc from a Digital camera) I have tryed using add/remove but it asked for the same thing :
    " please install HP ......" I don't have it!!!
    I have searched for the file on my hard drive and it is not there. How can I either remove the file or disable windows installer. I would rather remove the file altogether if I could find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

3. Miamistyle

Miamistyle Private E-2

Thanks for the link CP. I am on dial-up so it's gonna take me FOREVER to download but I will give it a try. :(

4. Miamistyle

Miamistyle Private E-2

Well... after 41/2 hrs. I finally downloaded HP memories from the link Corp. Punishment gave me. I tryed to install it so I could remove the version on my hard drive. It was insatlling fine until the last part after reboot. I get the message:C:\DOCUME~\DAVIDJ~1.NEW\LOCALS~1\Temp\_isF0\.

Then it tells me it can't install Hp Memories and try another path to install:hpmdinst

I am Stumped!!

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Miamistyle,

Here ia short explanation of what might be your problem, doesn't mention HP, just windows installer. See what you think.

According to Microsoft, when you install something by Windows Installer, the install data was registered and also.under \windows\Installer (hidden) W.installer Package and W.installer repair package is reserved.

Then, if the incompatibility between these hidden files and registered data is caused by some reason, installer problems occur.

And the use of Windows Installer Clean Up is reccomended by MS. Download here

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

Steve

6. Miamistyle

Miamistyle Private E-2

Matacumbie YOU DA MAN!! I can't thank you enough. I have had this problem for about a month and that Windows Installer Cleanup worked great.
    You are ok for a Vol.:)

Thanks.

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Miamistyle,

Your welcome, glad it worked my friend. Good luck to the Hurricanes this year!

Steve

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I came in to reply to use msicuu2.exe to nuke it and the perfect answer was already here.

Great call :D

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Thanks Adrynalyne

10. masaloi

masaloi Private E-2

The scary part now is the proper selective use of the program as it opens up to a number and talks about permanent changes????

Where do I go from here?

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

This is a three year old thread, please start your own, because we have no clue what you are talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds