Adobe Reader question

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoeN, Oct 10, 2005.

1. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Hi all, trying to help my Niece out, she would like to fill out some "pdf" forms on line rather than downloading and hand writing in the blanks, this is for a college project, she has "win. xp home", I've done some research, and given her a couple of ideas, waiting to hear back from her, thought I'd post here and see if anybody had some thoughts on this in the meantime !!!
    Thanks -

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well to fill out forms the author of the form document must have set up the document in Adobe Acrobat Professional with appropriate form fields. AFAIK you cannot use the free version of Adobe Reader (which is just that - a reader) to create forms. :rolleyes:

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Not sure whether this will help. Never used it.

novaPDF 2.0 http://www.majorgeeks.com/novaPDF_d4653.html

<<<novaPDF is a pdf creator for Windows that allows you to easily create professional quality documents in industry-standard PDF file format.>>>

Bazza

4. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Appericate the help as always, will forward the info on to my Niece -

5. bigbazza

JoeN. When you get a chance, I (and others maybe), would like to know if novaPDF works, and what it actually does. And does it do what you wanted? Bazza

===

6. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Bazza, she has not tried that piece of software as of yet, she is still trying to type into the pdf's - this is where she stands now; the Document Security says that "form field fill-ins" are allowed, she can place the hand cursor over the box she would like to type in and the blinking I beam appears but when she tries to type she gets a message saying something about placing the info on the Clipboard - I don't remember the exact phrase - and thats as far as she can get - seems as though with the security as it is things should work - she is using ver. 7 of Adobe Reader - I'll keep you posted - if anybody has a suggestion please post - THANKS

7. bigbazza

I don't use this program, but maybe the info has to typed into "Notepad", or similar, and then cut and pasted, via the Clipboard.
    Only an idea, maybe a stupid idea.
    Adobe experts, please step in. Bazza
    ===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds