On The Floor & Out The Door

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by star17, Nov 9, 2006.

1. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Disco out the door to Pad 39B, the last scheduled launch from that pad before it's reconfigured for the moon rockets. :)

[​IMG]

2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Great shot Star copied it for our Air Cadet Newsletter, hope thats okay with you, and Good Luck on the launch

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

That is an amazing sight! Remind us when launch is happening Star?

I half expect to see James Bond hiding behind one of the pillars, and some funky adventure-type music playing in the background ;)

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Oooooo, sweet. :)

Looks like me and G.T. gotta a new background. ;)

Thank's Star.........you are so fortunate.

Steve

5. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Incredable! Great pic all my life i have wanted to get that close. I live only a few miles away (so close and yet so far)

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

@Lev: 6 or 7 December, likely the 6th 'cause the Air Force is going to delay a launch of theirs for us.

@ Matacumbie: I know, to me this isn't a job, it's an adventure (with apologies to the Navy) :)

@dromano: you're just right down the road, I bet you get nice views of the launches. :)

@ BC: the mother ship has numerous images up on the site, you can snag larger images if you like: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

[​IMG]

7. star17

star17 MajorGeek

A few of Disco in the VAB during stacking earlier this week. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. star17

star17 MajorGeek

...and a few more random images I thought you folks would enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This ends your tour! Drive home safely! ;)

9. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Thank you so much for sharing these with us. I had heard on the news it was out. Was hoping you woud post and you did.
    The pictures are wonderful.
    Thanks again

10. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Thanks for the "tour" and the link, think I will make the Newsletter for January on the shuttle, the Air Cadets including mine just "eat" it up.

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Man oh man, I will never whine about changing the plug wires on the Kia again ;)

12. British TV Nut

British TV Nut Corporal

I just love the pictures!! I know it's truly an amazing thing to see this up close and personal!

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

13. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Seeing it lit up on the pad at night is somehow mystical to me,the hopes and dreams of mankind solidified,the stuff dreams are made of :)

14. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

It was moved up because of the computer rollover at year's end, right? Lovely pics of the hangar and crawler all lit up. Looks like Christmas.:)

15. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Not because of it, just concerns over it; keeps flexible launch days built in, and avoids any potential "compfusion".

16. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

They knew about it in 2K3, I wonder if this is just a case of 'If it ain't broke...'. Better safe than sorry. Fly baby fly!:)

17. star17

star17 MajorGeek

More of a case of "better safe than sorry"...the computers have a helluva workload as it is, no need to bother them with such minutiae as what year it is. ;)

18. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

What year is it again? :D

Great pictures Chris. I love the shot looking UP the stack, with the shuttle hanging above it. As large as the shuttle is, VAB goes waaaaay higher. Huge building.

19. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

OH Chris, you really know how to get me jealous. I WANT TO BE ON THE RIGGING CREW!!! That is stuff I love to do! You don't know what local those riggers are out of do you?

Jack

20. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Very nice pics. and 'tour', Chris. Thanks for the 'insider view'. I was watching an interview, concerning any potential problems with the computer systems and change of year 'bugs' on NASA TV, yesterday.

Nice to see something I'm really interested in, besides political opinions <*yawn>. I look forward to the launching, and especially the moon missions, later down the track.

21. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Wow - thanks for the pics. What an impressive machine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds