HP PSC 1510 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FED UP, Jan 21, 2009.

1. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I have an HP PSC 1510 Printer/scanner/copier .
    The printer wont print, scan or anything. The "check paper" light always blinks, there are no paper jams, there is paper loaded in the device, i tried the trouble shooting guide in the owners' manual, I re-installed the driver, all to no avail. I dont know what to do next, id like to get this thing working . Any suggestions are welcome !

Thnx ! :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

hp psc 1510 online troubleshoot
    I know this is probably a copy of the manual but it may be a little easier to find the error this way rather than trying to flip back and forth through manual pages

3. Michenko

Michenko Private First Class

I know it sounds daft, but have you spun the paper feed and the rollers around manualy? Sometimes the cogs can just jam!

4. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

ok trying both suggestions

5. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Thanks for the suggestions, but i still cant get the printer to work.
    Went to target and bought a LEXMARKx5410, which was on sale for $34.99 (down from $69.99).
    The installation disc will not install (even though it claims to be be compatible with VISTA, which i am using. On the second install screen, i get a message saying that my processor speed is "4294967295 MHZ" (holy wow!) and that is an insufficient speed because the driver requires a minimum processor speed of 800 MHZ. rolleyes I am then forced to exit the installation procedure .

Um, this is really beyond comment in front of polite people.
    I dont understand what is going on. I also tried downloading the driver from the Lexmark website, and get the same error message. I dont know what the heck is going on, i just need to get a printer working asap.
    I am considering going to ACE hardware and buying a hammer, but I thought id see if anyone here has any further suggfestions. I do appreciate the suggestions already made , Michenko, and buggabear, unfortunately they didnt work for me .
    Ive never had a problem with a printer before so my troubleshooting is limited to what the owners manual has to offer - by the way, the lexmark came with NO OWNERS MANUAL AT ALL (yes i bought it NEW).
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    thanks guys/gals .

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  6. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

can you do into device manager and see if there is a driver conflict with your ports.

7. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

lexmark manual download site

Instead of following the install guide work in reverse order.
    Connect the printer to the pc when it ask for the drivers put the disk in. and click browse where the have disk tab pops up and see it can install the drivers right from the cd.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The manual is probably on the CD and can be viewed and/or printed out even if the printer is not installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds