Front Panel USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Feriol, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Feriol

Feriol Private E-2

Hi all.

I'm Trying to sort out a friends computer for her, she has had it about 2 years and the front usb ports have never been plugged in.

I Have found the sockets on the motherboard, and there is about 6-8? wires each with one pin from the panel, the mobo manual says what each pin is for, but i don't know what wires go where. there are two of each colour, red, white, and others

Sorry i can't remember exactly it was about a week ago i tried, i'm hoping this is a standard set-up and someone can help me out?

thanks

2. Feriol

Feriol Private E-2

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers for the link Feriol.

I'm lucky as the case usb connectors and mobo usb are the easy alltogether type (Intel style easy connector) so no working out what goes where.

4. Feriol

Feriol Private E-2

no problem.

It worked.

I had done this before but the plugs have always been marked, so i never paid any attention to the colours.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds