How do I get all my disk space?

Discussion in 'Software' started by airman_slacker, Feb 26, 2005.

1. airman_slacker

airman_slacker Private E-2

I have a 160G HD in my computer but Windows XP is only seeing 128 of it. How dso I fix this?

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Sounds like you need to resize your partition. For this you can use PartitionMagic.

3. Quagmire02

Quagmire02 Private E-2

Is there, by any chance, a freeware version of this, or something that does the same thing.

It seems awfully silly and BS to have to pay money in order to use all of a hard drive that you have ALREADY paid for.

4. moyupae

moyupae Private E-2

Try the manufacturer's website. A lot of times you can download a program from them to do it. Usually a hard drive comes with this software. Worth a try-- should be free.

5. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

What Operating System are you using and what service pack level? I've heard of this problem before and it has to do with Windows not recognizing the full size drives over 137 GB. Update your windows if it is not updated already - there is a fix for this in the latest service packs. If that doesn't solve the problem, you may want to update the BIOS.

Also, what is the manufacturer and model of the hard drive?

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Also, what does disk manager say?

7. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds