Installing .sfv

Discussion in 'Software' started by mastermosley, Nov 15, 2006.

1. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

Ok i downloaded this .rar file and extracted it and its got .NFO file, .sfv and the rest are like file.01, file.02, file.03. How do I install something like this?

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Google WinRAR; install the program and double click on the file ending in .rar
    The pieces will be put together to create one large file.

.rar is another kind of compression like .zip Same idea.

The .NFO can be opened in Notepad and read. Sometimes these have info you may need.

Just reread your post--if you've already extracted the original .rar you can double click on the *.01 file and winrar should put the pieces together.

3. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

I no what a .rar file and stuff are, i have the compress archive which is rar and I extracted it into a folder. Inside the folder are a .sfv file and a bunch of files: file.001 file.002 file.003 ect. How do I put it together or install it?

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you have a set of RARs without the standard file extensions the shell menu will not appear. To extract these you need to open WinRAR and use its built in file browser to browse to the folder with the files. Select the first file in the set (usually .001) and click the "Extract To" Button. It will come up with a dialog box showing the folder it will extract to and some other options. It automatically generates a subfolder to extract to based on the filename so you can just press ok to extract it there.

http://www.jtpfxp.net/nfosfvrar.htm

The number files really are most likely parts of a winrar archive that can be recombined into one .exe or .iso file. Try the instructions above or see link.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

.sfv stands for System File Verification.... basically it's a checksum for file integrity. Visit this link http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/sfv for a little more info.... Sach mentioned that .nfo files can be opened w/ Notepad. Try unzipping the other files (.01, .02) as they may be compressed subfolders of the initial folder. Could be that the initial download is corrupt......

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds