Manually reset TCP/IP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brandypeppy, May 19, 2009.

1. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

After malware removal, I cannot connect to the internet. An "IPconfigure /all" only returns the header "IP Configuration" or something like that. No other data or protocols appear. Tim in malware tells me I have to manually reconfigure my IP settings. I've tried TCP/IP repair tools, winsock repair/reset tools, loaded onto a flash drive and transferred. I also did a reinstallation of Windows, (XP2, Dell Inspirion, 2G ram), to no changes. I have been through the setup wizard dozens of times, have restored default settings, flushed everything in sight. Can only ping to local machine. This started right after I removed Norton, but restore points had been turned off, not my machine.

How do I manually do this? I have also ran every IPconfigure command I could find.

I havew tried the instructions here, http://www.overclock.net/faqs/93129-how-manually-configure-ip-address-step.html,

but I get a message an error has occurred and I need to do this maunally. I don't get a "local area connections, under network connections.

I believe I need a fix. I also ran sfc /scannow, no problems.

Thanks in advance.

2. Geminiione

Geminiione Private First Class

Does your device manager show the drivers are installed properly for your network card?

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Yes,

I've been through the device manager, no flags, all devices reported working correctly. Have disabled and enabled network devices, no change.

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

What type of connection do you have?
    On my cable modem, you just pull the power plug from the modem box for a minute then plug it back in. It forces the modem to reset the IP address.
    Give that a try.

5. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Can you post the output of the ipconfig /all?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds