boot manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by zsuiter, Nov 17, 2009.

1. zsuiter

zsuiter Private E-2

hi,
    im attempting to partition a vista 7 machine and install xp pro on the second partition. im figuring a way to slipstream the sata driver for xp on that partition. anyway, does anyone have any advice on a good reliable boot manager? hopefully freeware
    thanks
    zsuiter

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, zsuiter...

I just yesterday had to clean up a botched Linux install - I used Partition Logic, and was impressed with it - there are both .ISO and Floppy versions available - didn't notice if you could slipstream with it, but you may be able to...

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Unless you have some objection to the Microsoft method of dual booting you won't need a boot manager at all. When you install W7 a dual boot with Vista will automatically be created.

However if, like me, you think Microsoft's method utterly barmy, then install Grub4DOS. It's simple, reliable, a doddle to configure, and can even boot bootable isos for you. Say if you want help with that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds