catalyst control centre

Discussion in 'Software' started by peteob, Dec 20, 2006.

1. peteob

peteob Private E-2

A mate of mine just bought a refurbished Advent 9107 amongst the already installed programmes is "Catalyst Control Centre", he thinks it controls his settings, but I've never heard of it so can't comment, does anyone know what the hell it is, and can he uninstall it and let Windows xp home see to his settings????????????
    thanks in advance
    pete

2. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

I think CCC is the Driver front end of Ati cards.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sailor is correct, Catalyst Control Center controls his graphic card settings.

Which settings exactly does he wish to see, by uninstalling the Cat Control Center? and if its the graphic settings and he cannot see them, then its possible the drivers are corrupt, so re-installing the latest Ati drivers will help.

4. peteob

peteob Private E-2

If you 2 are right, (and who am I to disagree?), if everything is running o'k (he hasn't mentioned any faults) he has no need to bother with anything and can just put this CCC thing in a tidy-up folder to hide it, or am I wrong again?
    (been married too long to even think I'm right!! :) ),
    thanks fellows, I'll pass it on, see you again soon I expect!!!
    pete

5. DavidGP

Yes leave it, but dont move anything anywhere as it may cause the software to not function.

6. peteob

peteob Private E-2

Righto halo, am going round to see him later today, will have a look, report back after,
    please excuse slow typing, am doing this with bacon butty in my hand, so don't read it fast :)
    pete

7. DavidGP

Hahahaha cheers for making me feel hungry, I have taste of bacon butty on my tounge ;)

Yes, best to see whats fully going on with his PC, but if everything is working ok then best to leave alone. One tip tho, link him to the forum and best of all Chaslangs guide on how to How to Protect yourself from malware!

and this app is always good to install as it assists in finding out what hardware is in the PC EVEREST

8. peteob

peteob Private E-2

went round to see my mate this pm, he's goint to spain for a month starting next week, so I'm having his 'puter until he gets back, so I'll have plenty of time to play with it, it will never be connected to the net, he, like me, uses a laptop downstairs for the net and keeeps the other one upstairs for all his digi photo and video work.
    The ccc icons show up when he clicks on start - programmes along with one about ide something or other, told him to ignore them and he seemed quite happy,now that he knows they're not harmful, so thanks for the help, by the way, he's got cd/dvd writing thingy called "Power to go", is it any good?
    we both use "Nero" at the moment, how does this "PTG" compare?
    pete

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds