Inserting new GFX card = "No Signal" monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heskey, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Heskey

Heskey Private First Class

Hey guys,

I've just bought a GeForce 7600GT XFX AGP8X 256MB DDR3 graphics card to replace my ATI Radeon 9800+ PRO 128MB.

My brother bought a 7600 (Different model) at first and tried it out in my PC a few months back to see how it'd make it run - It made Medieval 2, Company of Heroes and Battlefield 2142 run like a dream.

When we tried the same card again a few months later, it would not work with my monitor; my monitor remained on stand-by and after a while said "No Signal".

This was odd as nothing had changed between the month it HAD worked, and when it didn't; but never-the-less I went ahead and ordered my card which arrived today.

I replaced my old card to find the same result.

My brother has recommended backing up my important stuff and reformatting my PC, but I don't know if that'll help any - So I'm here asking if you guys have any idea what the problem may be, and why it's not working?

Bottom line summary:

My new graphics card is producing no signal to my monitor, what is going on?

- Heskey

PS. I'll reinsert old card for now.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. Heskey

Whoops!

I realised the 'No Signal' error was due to forgetting to plug the power into the card!

But that's not the end of my troubles, it just brought me back to remember what the trouble we had at x-mas was.

PC boots up fine, I can see it, but just after the XP loading screen, before the login screen the monitor cuts out to blackscreen and says 'Mode Not Supported'

I don't know why this is when this 'mode' WAS supported when I first used my brother's card.

- Heskey

I just remembered my Monitor will only run the desktop at 1280, but al games at 1024, and being a good GFX card it's probs tranna boot my PC at 1280, which of course it doesn't support. So I'll set my resolution to 800x600 and install the card. Hopefully should work.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  3. Heskey

Got it working now! Had to resolve resolution in order for it to boot up! ;)

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Sometimes we look for more than we need to- but check your motherboard manufacturers site for support- in case you need a vga, or even bios update to run it as you would like.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds